Wow, I’m so humbled by all of the thanking I have to do over the course of the day!
First up: the exceedingly lovely Vikki over at The View Outside has nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Vikki leads all my followers in comments on my blog, so I’ve dubbed her my number one fan. I’m enamored that she sees my scatterbrained attempts at writing a novel as “kreativity.” Do stop by her blog as soon as you can. Not only is she just the sweetest, she’s also a fellow writer. And she happens to be doing a series of blog swaps (in which I am participating in later this month), so get to know her and you could be next!
We all know the rules here, thank the blogger, answer the 7 questions provided, list 7 personal facts, and nominate 7 fellow bloggers.
1. What is your favorite song? Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
2. What is your favorite dessert? It’s a tie between Tiramisu (just like Vikki!) and German Chocolate Cake.
3. What do you do when you’re upset? My husband was just talking about this at his job yesterday. When I’m upset I lash out violently. Punch walls, throw objects, break stuff. If I just absolutely must refrain from this behavior, then I cry…and eat chocolate.
4. Which is your favorite pet? My current two cats are my favorite, may my previous cats over the years rest in peace.
5. Which do you prefer, black or white? Black definitely. Looks sleek and doesn’t get as dirty. But if we’re talking about a NYC black & white cookie, I prefer the white side, which is weird considering my affection for chocolate.
6. What is your biggest fear? Right now, losing my husband. I’ve lived through so much loss in my life, but if I lost him, I would not be able to go on, literally. When we have kids, my biggest fear will naturally be expanded to the loss of any of them.
7. What is your attitude mostly? This changes with the situation. I can be friendly. I can be rigid. I can be tough. And if the Yankees keep starting a pitcher I can’t stand, I can be homicidal.
Seven quick facts:
1. I have a small beauty mark on the right side of my face, but ironically I think the the left side of my face is more beautiful, haha.
2. Of all my tattoos, my best one is actually a cover-up of my worst one.
3. I’m a Yankees fan, in case you weren’t paying attention.
4. I’m allowed to be a Yankees fan because I grew up near the stadium, unlike the bandwagon Yankees fans who aren’t even from New York. Posers…
5. I’ve been suspended from Twitter 4 times. Don’t ask.
6. I hate beans. Beans of all kinds. Lima, Baked, Navy, etc.
7. I am a novice tea enthusiast, much to my husband’s chagrin (who has to foot the bill for said tea enthusiasm).
My nominees (I hate this part, so many great bloggers out there!):
1. Madhu @ The Urge To Wander – an inspiring travel blog with gorgeous photo prompts for those who need a “kreativity” boost.
2. Tyson Adams – I love all the graphics and comics about the writing process.
3. @GrumpyComments – Gotta love “kreative” grumpiness!
4. Stefanie Snider @ sniderwriter – I may or may not have nominated her before …That’s how much I like her blog.
5. Richard Flores @ The Flores Factor – Helpful info for us writers, presented in a non-boring fashion. Haha.
6. Sarah Wilson @ Bookish – Her Fake Fan Fridays crack me up.
7. Sharon C. Cooper – Great writing stuff, plus excerpts from her new book!
Are you guys thinking what I’m thinking? Because I’m thinking I should put the other two awards in separate posts…this was a long one & I’m sure everyone’s eyes have long since glazed over. Til then…