Up top, guys! This year is freaking over! Whoo hooo! Let the champagne flow! Pass the jello shots! Because nothing says classy like champagne and jello shots!
And no end-of-the-year blog post is complete without the requisite Top Blah Blah Blah List. Here are several of mine:
Top Five JJE Posts (based on Views, Comments, & Likes)
- Getting Arrested for the Greater Good
- Murder & Mother-In-Laws
- What Not to Do on the Train…
- The Typos Aren’t Your Fault?
- Location, Location, Location
Top Five JJE Posts I Liked But No One Saw
- Research or Get Besmirched
- Like Reading a Schizophrenic’s Notes
- This “Sux!”
- Who Wears Short Shorts?
- The Next Big Thing (Ok, this one’s a shameless plug. Don’t judge me, my books come out in 2013. TeeHee)
Top Five Weird-A$$ Search Terms That Brought People Here
- “baster brain” & “bald slavegirl fantasy” (That’s a tie, sorry)
- “fiction stories don’t beat me”
- “wave bum”
- “you’re welcome, it was a pleasure, hope you didn’t destroy your keyboard”
- “I’m not the same person please go away”
- BONUS *anytime someone searched for “jordanna east” or any derivative thereof* (That happened ELEVEN times!)
Top Five Books I Read This Year
- The Hunger Games Trilogy (Duh)
- The Pine Deep Trilogy by Jonathan Maberry
- The Hangman’s Daughter by Oliver Potzsch
- The King’s X by Stephen T. Harper
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
Top Five Things I Look Forward to in 2013
- Typing up my Prequel, Blood in the Past, and submitting it to beta readers, editor, etc. Publishing it via Blood Read Press
- Getting my finished book covers from the amazingly talented Kit Foster
- Revising my full-length novel, Blood in the Paint, and submitting it to beta readers, editor, etc. Publishing it via Blood Read Press
- Starting the second full-length novel in the series (and the research for it!)
- A much deserved SPA DAY and a VACATION!
I just want to get all sappy for a moment and thank everyone for following me here, Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc. For being interested in me and my silly dream. For asking about my books. For laughing at my bookstore horror stories. I value your encouragement in same way I value cute kittens, funny-looking chickens, and anything made of chocolate. Happy New Year!
Happy New Year honey!
See you on the other side 😉
Aww Happy New Year! I think it’s already “the other side” over there.
Well it definitely is now! It’s 2am lol 😉
I bought the book “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter” for my almost 16 year old son. Think it’s appropriate for that age group? He’s extremely bright and has a bigger vocab than me, and I don’t suspect the violence will be anything he hasn’t seen on TV. Just curious.
Interesting search terms to say the least!
Sure. I don’t recall any sex scenes or gratuitous cursing. I think he’ll be fine. It was a great book. 90x better than the movie. Don’t even bother with the movie, in fact.
Yeah, I saw the movie. Wasn’t the greatest by a long shot. Thanks for the info about the book. I’m sure he’ll like it.
Haha, quite possibly the last greatest understatement of the year.
You’re welcome. I hope he enjoys it.
Pingback: Top Fives for 2012 « Switzy Thoughts
What?!? It is almost 2013?!? Why didn’t anyone tell me?
I’m so sorry! I guess we were too busy writing our end-of-the-year posts and making jello shots. 😛
Do you know . . . I’ve never had a jello shooter. It is never too late.
Shut up! (In my teenage voice) Aww, I wish I could mail you some. Haha. I’m making almost 200 in 8 different flavors for my husband’s work holiday party.
With 200 shooters, surely you have one to spare for this late bloomer?
Of course! Live close? Haha.
Pingback: 2013 Goals – Reading, Writing and Arithmetic | Sydney Aaliyah