Up top, guys! This year is freaking over! Whoo hooo! Let the champagne flow! Pass the jello shots! Because nothing says classy like champagne and jello shots!
And no end-of-the-year blog post is complete without the requisite Top Blah Blah Blah List. Here are several of mine:
Top Five JJE Posts (based on Views, Comments, & Likes)
- Getting Arrested for the Greater Good
- Murder & Mother-In-Laws
- What Not to Do on the Train…
- The Typos Aren’t Your Fault?
- Location, Location, Location
Top Five JJE Posts I Liked But No One Saw
- Research or Get Besmirched
- Like Reading a Schizophrenic’s Notes
- This “Sux!”
- Who Wears Short Shorts?
- The Next Big Thing (Ok, this one’s a shameless plug. Don’t judge me, my books come out in 2013. TeeHee)
Top Five Weird-A$$ Search Terms That Brought People Here
- “baster brain” & “bald slavegirl fantasy” (That’s a tie, sorry)
- “fiction stories don’t beat me”
- “wave bum”
- “you’re welcome, it was a pleasure, hope you didn’t destroy your keyboard”
- “I’m not the same person please go away”
- BONUS *anytime someone searched for “jordanna east” or any derivative thereof* (That happened ELEVEN times!)
Top Five Books I Read This Year
- The Hunger Games Trilogy (Duh)
- The Pine Deep Trilogy by Jonathan Maberry
- The Hangman’s Daughter by Oliver Potzsch
- The King’s X by Stephen T. Harper
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
Top Five Things I Look Forward to in 2013
- Typing up my Prequel, Blood in the Past, and submitting it to beta readers, editor, etc. Publishing it via Blood Read Press
- Getting my finished book covers from the amazingly talented Kit Foster
- Revising my full-length novel, Blood in the Paint, and submitting it to beta readers, editor, etc. Publishing it via Blood Read Press
- Starting the second full-length novel in the series (and the research for it!)
- A much deserved SPA DAY and a VACATION!
I just want to get all sappy for a moment and thank everyone for following me here, Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc. For being interested in me and my silly dream. For asking about my books. For laughing at my bookstore horror stories. I value your encouragement in same way I value cute kittens, funny-looking chickens, and anything made of chocolate. Happy New Year!